I will eat one item per day off the menu at McDonalds and write a review about it.

Friday, October 13, 2006

Strawberry Sundae

Item: Strawberry Sundae
Price: $2.50 (Large)
Location: Queen Victoria Market
Rating: 7/10

I actually bought this on Wednesday, so this makes up for missing out on the day I couldn't be arsed posting.

The strawberry sundae is soft vanilla ice-cream with strawberry flavoured topping. I think you can all imagine what vanilla ice-cream is like and I'm sure you know what strawberries taste like. Put them together and *boom* a strawberry sundae.

The consistency of the ice-cream was spot on in this circumstance, often I've bought soft-serves or sundaes and the damn thing is hard as a rock. It should be solid, but mushy. There should also be very generous amounts of topping applied, first at the bottom, then on top of the ice-cream. This sundae was done to perfection.

The topping is quite sweet, its very much like Cottee's ice-cream topping you can buy at the supermarket. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the exact same.

I will also review the chocolate and caramel ones. I think the Crunchie flavoured one is still available, if so, I will review that too! The strawberry flavoured sundae however, gets a 7/10 for me, I like it but it's no genius of modern food or anything.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What does your shit smell like after eating garbage?

Anonymous said...

What was the icecream distribution like? I have had one large macca's sundae in my life, and the icecream was swirled around the outside of the cup, with a hollow middle, and full coverage swirl on top.

Your reviews amuse me, but you could go into a little more detail, please keep it up.

Anonymous said...

i've often thought a better way for maccas to do sundaes would be to have the softserve about 1/3 the way up, then 1/6 of sauce, and then repeat. that way, you get a more even distribution of topping throughout the softserve.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering what your shit smelled like too?

Anonymous said...

I like to drink chocolate sundaes

Unknown said...

Dads shit smell like strawberry from a sunnday