I will eat one item per day off the menu at McDonalds and write a review about it.

Monday, October 09, 2006

Big Mac

Item: Big Mac
Price: $3.45
Location: Melbourne Cental Upper Level
Rating: 10/10

I goddamn love Big Macs. That special sauce is delicious. If they weren't so burden with fat and oils and crap, I would eat them non-stop all day forever. Now that bias is out of the way, onto the review.

The Big Mac is the classic McDonalds burger. It's even used as a metric of a countries economic prowess in finanical magazines. Wikipedia has a detailed entry on it, comparing different countries Big Mac nutrional content. Apparently the Australian Big Mac is the "healthiest".

The one I purchased came in a cardboard box, that gets thrown in the bin. I don't think there are many people recycling their Big Mac packaging. It was a messy burger, a lettuce explosion. But that's always the same with Big Macs. This one was made fresh, as I saw them make it and it was cool that it was still hot and wasn't squashed.

Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun. Yep, all there, tastes great, I love it. If you haven't eaten a Big Mac before, seriously, you're out of touch with Western culture. Eat one! Even if you're a vegetarian, you need to experience a Big Mac, just once, even to remind you as to why you're a veggie.

I want another one now :(

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tomorrow, I want you to try a cheeseburger. The last time I had one, I realized for the first time how vile its sauce is. I'm in Australia too, so your opinion is valuable to me due to absence of the issue of internationally differing recipies.

Anonymous said...

McDonald Cheeseburgers don't use the special sauce. Instead, it's topped with plain mustard and ketchup.

Anonymous said...

Nice! I love Big Macs too, probably my favourite burger there bar Bacon and Egg McMuffin :D.

Just wondering though, how did you get it in a cardboard box? I've always gotten mine wrapped up in paper :(

Anonymous said...

Hmm, big macs have gone up in price (since I've last eaten there..)!

Have to be fair though since the last Australian Big Mac I had was years ago, and the time after that it happened to be a Chinese Big Mac and I can honestly say you can taste the 'Made in China'ness

Urgh.

Anonymous said...

First anonymous: I know. I wasn't referring to any connection to Big Macs. I was merely suggesting the next item to be tested.

Anonymous said...

Ah, I've only just now realized my mistake. I was referring to the ketchup in cheesburgers.

Steve Androulakis said...

I also love the hell out of big macs. Mac it up!

Anonymous said...

I'm vegetarian and have Big Macs occasionally, but with the beef on the side not in the burger. It ends up being a bun with extremely saucy lettuce and onion, topped off with 1 pickle. If I get beef on the side, it's wrapped in paper and greatly enjoyed by my cat. If I get it without beef, they knock the price down to ~$1.20 (in Perth).

Anonymous said...

big fan of the mac!
ironically, i dont like the extra pickles, but pickle is a main ingredient in the sauce that i do love...

bosanac said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bosanac said...

ok you guys are nothin.
i need to know the world record for the most patties on a big mac ever and then eaten.
i ate a 12 patty big mac last week and i nearly passed out
but today im attempting 14
i applied at guiness world record for this feat

Anonymous said...

Back in 1975 I ate 7 big macs one night, over about 3 hours. After saying how much I liked them, a friend said he'd buy me as many as I could eat. I don't think I've had one since.

Anonymous said...

I've eaten big macs since I was a young boy I am 29 and I am in killer shape. Eating macs is fine so long as you have a balanced diet and exercise. I've eaten big macs in Canada,Germany, and England and they always taste F'n great !

Anonymous said...

Im "Not" lovin it

Unknown said...

You're a fat fuck. I hope you die in a fire.

BANKING EXPERT said...

Check www mcdvoice com for free mcdonalds cashback and free food coupons and vouchers here get unlimited mcdonalds survey guide
mcdvoice con

Unknown said...



Thanks for sharing this information. I really like your post very much. You have really shared an informative and interesting post with people McDVoice